Friday 20 May 2011

The one that got away...

Motivated by my previous ISS transit success, I thought I'd have another try today. The centreline was predicted to pass through a local nature reserve (Paxton Pits for those that know it) so if I was clouded out at least I could try and photograph some interesting wildlife.

With 30 minutes to go, things began to look dodgy. I rattled off 15 images to check my exposure settings and then waited impatiently. To my dismay, the clouds won the day and with 15 minutes to go there wasn't a patch of blue anywhere to be seen.

This image was taken from the 15 test images and shows some minor sunspot activity and a bit of faculae, so all was not lost.

Oh, and I didn't get any bird pictures either. Some days are like that, aren't they? Anyway, trying again tomorrow, as there should be an ISS transit visible from my friends back garden....weather permitting. At least we can have a cuppa while we watch the clouds roll in!


No, not the ISS - just a few sunspots.


No comments:

Post a Comment