Wednesday 25 May 2011

More Shadow Chasing

It's only a few days before Endeavour undocks from the ISS and returns to Earth. Unfortunately, there are no solar transits visible from the UK after undocking, so this imaging session was to try and improve on my previous "docked" image. Endeavour is the dark blob situated between the solar panels, which are also better presented compared to my last post. I was chuffed to get 4 images so, overall, I think this is a more pleasing composite than my last effort. Images taken at Maple Cross, Herts. on 24th May.

Due to the resolution limitations of my camera and lens (420mm), I think this is the best I can achieve with my current set-up. In the raw images, the ISS is only about 25 pixels across, so there's not much data to play with! I need to increase the image scale which means getting one of my scopes set-up for solar imaging. Another project to add to the growing list.

ISS/Endeavour at 10h55m and the all important 24seconds.... (and sunspot 1216)

A very fuzzy Endeavour

No comments:

Post a Comment