Friday 25 March 2011

AR 1176

Following my last post, I was hoping the fine weather would last long enough to allow me to capture the developing active region 1176 as it moved across the disk.  How optimistic was I?!

So, with the attempt aborted after only 3 days, here's another post showing the developing sunspot group as it moved away from the limb.

Unfortunately, the sky today was a bit hazier due to the approaching front, which messed up the image clarity slightly compared to the earlier shots, but I've done my best to get the contrast and hue the same for all 3 images.  The result, whilst not as good as I'd hoped, is quite pleasing and shows the changing aspect of the spot group reasonably well. A larger image scale on the camera sensor would allow me to capture more detail. When I eventually get my scope out of hibernation, I must try and hook the DSLR up, giving me a focal length of 1600mm, instead of the current 420mm. That should hopefully spice things up a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment