Sunday 3 October 2010

Equipment


This is my current primary telescope - a 10" f6.3 Newtonian reflector. The mirrors were bought in the late 70's from Fullerscopes in London, the primary being made by respected mirror maker David Hinds. I housed these in a home made tube mounted on a Dobsonian mount. This sufficed for a few years, but in the 80's I decided I needed a better tube, so embarked on making a ply hexagonal affair in a tasteful shade of green (well I thought it looked nice anyway).

A few years later I once again decided that an upgrade was needed, to enable me to enter the wonderful world of guided imaging. Fortunately, Phil Stone's Superscopes company was located near by and I knew Phil from the Bedford AS. A few months later, my new Titan equatorial mount arrived, with my Hinds optics housed in a new shiny white tube......

This picture was taken a few years ago after I'd completed a complete refurb of the mount and tube assembly - a new paint job and cleaning/greasing of all the bearings.

No comments:

Post a Comment